At Chalet and Apartment Rentals Ltd, we understand that we have a responsibility to protect and respect your privacy and look after your personal data.
Our Commitment To Data Security
As the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. We ask you to not share your password with anyone.
Chalet and Apartment Rentals Ltd is a provider of Holiday Rental Accommodation. We are a UK registered business, with offices in Meribel, France. Our registered office is 16 Welham Crescent, Arnold, Nottingham, NG5 7LJ, England and or Company Registration No is 06974758.
Clare Hawley [Director] is the registered Data Protection Officer for Chalet and Apartment Rentals Ltd.
What Type of Data do we Collect?
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Date of Birth
- Dietary Requirements
- We use software tools such a Google Analytics
- The domain and IP address that your computer uses to connect to the internet, your computer, browser, operating system, internet connection, referral information, search terms and other standard information collected by default by tools such as Google Analytics.
- We do not store financially sensitive information such as credit card numbers.
- Communication Data
How do we collect personal data from you?
- Website Forms
- We receive information about you from you when you use our website, complete forms on our website
- During the process of a telephone conversation regarding the services we offer, we may make notes and collect details in order to fulfil your requirements.
- Email Information
- If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
- Google Analytics
- Google analytics measures and collects session information, length of visit to certain pages, repeat visits and page interaction information.
How Do We Use Your Data?
- We use information about you in the following ways:
- To process your booking
- To provide you with products and services
- To comply with our contractual obligations we have with you.
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us.
- To help us improve and review our website.
- To assist with any queries you may have.
- To process payments and keep account of billing and payments.
- To detect fraudulent activity.
- To carry out marketing and statistical analysis.
- To provide you with information pertaining to a reservation you have made .
Why do We Gather this Information?
- To enable us to provide you with the holiday accommodation and associated services and facilities you have requested.
- Internal record keeping, auditing and regulation purposes.
- We may send targeted promotion emails about special offers or updates on resorts.
- To improve our website and marketing strategies.
Who Can See your Data?
We do not sell, distribute or lease any of the information that uniquely identify a subscriber (such as email addresses or personal details) with anyone except to the extent it is necessary to process transactions or provide services that you have requested.
What About Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information?
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights. We may also disclose account information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms of Service or to protect the safety of our users and the Public.
What About Other Web Sites Linked to Our Web Site?
We are not responsible for the practices employed by Web sites linked to or from our Web site or the information or content contained therein. Often links to other Web sites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our Web site.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given us your prior consent. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In preventing the use or processing of your personal data, it may delay or prevent us from fulfilling our obligations to you.
You have the right to object to our use of your personal data, or ask us to delete, remove or stop using it if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as ‘Your Right to be Forgotten’ There are legal and accountancy reasons why we will need to keep your data for a period of time. However, please advise if you feel we are keeping your data unnecessarily.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you choose not to receive marketing communications from us about our holiday accommodation and associated services, you will have the choice not to choose these by ticking the relevant box situation on the page at sign up or from within your online account.
You have the right to access the information we hold about you. Please email your request to email@example.com so that we can forward this information to you.
.Acquisition or Changes in Ownership
In the event that the web site (or a substantial portion of its assets) is acquired, your information would be considered part of those assets, and may be part of those assets that are transferred.
Data Protection Registration
We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner's Office.
Our data protection registration number is ZA136476.
We agree to take reasonable measures to protect your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
In the event of a data breach, we shall ensure that our obligations under applicable data protection laws are complied with where necessary.